Prayerfully Read Messages and study the Bible with us. Encourage and Pray for one another. Each messages will bless you just don't forget to share the messages with your loved ones. God bless you
Monday, 31 August 2015
NO ONE IS TOO YOUNG IN THE MINISTRY TO PREACH THE GOSPEL
43 The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, “Follow Me.”44 Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
46 And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”
Philip said to him, “Come and see.”
47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!”
48 Nathanael said to Him, “How do You know me?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”
50 Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these.”51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”
In the account of Jesus according the book of John, Andrew and another disciple of John the baptist heard the testimony of Jesus from John when he saw Jesus coming, "behold the Lamb of God" (John 1:35-42) and they decided to follow Jesus. Andrew then invited his own brother, Peter to come and see Jesus.
The case of Philip was different, He had no master like John the baptist, who testify Jesus as the lamb of God, before he followed Christ. He was called by Jesus a day after Andrew followed Jesus and the next that was recorded of him was that; he also invited (come and see) Nathanael to follow Jesus. Philip was trying to share the good news that he just witnessed with Nathanael, but just like every unbeliever, Nathanael questioned the quality of the gospel by asking if anything good can come out of Nazareth (John 1:46), yet Philip was unshaken, he invited Nathaniel to come and see.
Jesus immediately saw the struggle of the fresh follower trying to bring another person to God and He intervened. By the time, Jesus was through with Nathanael, Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!.” (John 1:49). What a great confession!
LESSONS FROM THE STORY
1. No one is too young in the ministry to preach the gospel: the effort of Philip was blessed that day and Nathaniel (Batholomew) also became a follower of Christ
2. There will always be divine intervention: Nathaniel expected Philip to convince him that Christ is truly the messiah but all Philip could say was "come and see". Jesus intervened and Nathanael made the great confession “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”
3 Come and see: sometimes, this little invitation is all you need and to say and the rest of the work will be done by God.
- Dear Lord, You have given us the great commission of Preaching the Gospel to all the earth, we pray for the gift of the Holy spirit in our lives, please grant it unto us.
- We also pray that all our efforts will be blessed in the mighty name of Jesus.
- By the time our work on earth will be done, let each and everyone of us be a part of your glorious kingdom.