Psalms 1:1-6 NKJV
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord , And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
FIVE IMPORTANT ATTRIBUTES OF A "BLESSED MAN"
1. AVOID THE COUNSEL OF THE UNGODLY: Ungodly person is someone who is not religious or He/She is immoral. You can imagine the kind of counsel an immoral person will give.
You cannot give what you don't have, an ungodly person cannot teach you how to live your life with fear of God because He/She is not living life with the fear of God. Therefore, seeking the counsel of the ungodly may lead you to living ungodly kind of life.
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of ungodly.
2. DON'T STAND IN THE PATH OF THE SINNERS: Sinner is a person who commits sin. Standing in the path of the sinners will only predispose a humble man to temptations.
Lead us not into temptations but deliver us from evil.... You also have to play your own path of not standing in the path of sinner lest you fall into temptation.
3. DO NOT SIT ON THE SEATS OF THE SCORNFUL: A scornful person is someone who has feelings, attitude or expression of contempt or someone who looks down on somebody else.
Love your neighborh as yourself, there is no commandment greater than this (Mark 12:32). Instead of looking down on your fellow human being, do all your possible best to Help them develop to your standard (morally, spiritually or physically)
4. DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE WORDS OF GOD: This particular one is very important because it will keep you away from the first three points. Day by Day Bible Study will keep you away from the path of the sinners and from the scornful seat. You will also walk in the counsel of God Himself.
5. MEDITATE OF THE WORD OF GOD DAY AND NIGHT: This is also very important for every Christian. When you study the Word or you hear the Word, do not be the hearer alone but the doer of the Word otherwise, you will be fooling yourself (James 1:22).
Put into practice all the instructions of God in the bible. Trust not in your own abilities, in all your ways, acknowledged Him and He will direct your path.
If you apply all these attributes in your day to day activities, then you shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bring forth its fruits in its season (God's time), whose leave also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper....indeed that is who I call "a BLESSED MAN"
THE LORD WILL MAKE YOU A BLESSED MAN THROUGHOUT THIS WEEK AND BEYOND.
kindly share this with your friends.