Saturday, 3 October 2015

I SING THE MIGHTY POWER OF GOD

1.
I sing the mighty power of God,
  That make the mountain rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad,
  And build the lofty skies;
I sing the Wisdom that ordained
  The sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at His command,
  And all the stars obey.

2.
I sing the goodness of the Lord,
  That filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word,
  And then pronounce them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed
  Where'er I turn my eye!
If I survey the ground I tread,
  Or gaze upon the sky!

3.
There's not a plant or flower below
  But makes Thy glories known;
And cloud arise and tempest blow,
  By order from Thy throne.
Creatures that burrow life from Thee
  Are subject to Thy care;
There's not a place where we can flee
  But God is present there.


Author: Isaac Watts
Adapted from Seventh Day Adventist Hymnal.

No comments:

Post a Comment