Monday, 7 December 2015

MATTHEW 7:7-11 MADE EASY

I was fortunate to be in the church when an elder was explaining his week-in week-out experience to the church. The wife of this elder is a nurse by profession while this particular elder manages a medicine store just in front of their house.

The elder said, "some times, in cases of emergency, people come to knock on our door in the middle of the night for either medical attention from my wife or to come and purchase medicine, not withstanding we do not just open our doors to attend to people, because of security issues, we have to verify who is at the door and the purpose by which he/she came before we open the door".

On some occasions, "when we hear a familiar voice we can easily identify the voice and say that must be Mr. X or Mrs Y and we wont hesitate to open the door and attend to their needs.  however on some other occasions, especially when the voice is not familiar, the person may have to explain further by saying i am Mr. A or i am Mrs. B, i live around here and i have been referred by Mr. X or by Mrs Y (which we are familiar with), before we will open our doors to such strangers"

I, personally gave this illustration a very deep thought and I discovered; if I hear a knock on my door in the middle of the night too, I will have to be sure that even the familiar voices are not coming in to harm me before I will open up. If i put the security fears aside, another thing that came to my mind is; if I hear knocks on my door and many people are out there looking for my help in the middle of the night, I will attend to the people I am familiar with first, before I give my attention to the people that I am not used to........ Ponder on this, what will you do in that kind of situation?

MESSAGE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 7:7-11 NKJV)
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will YOUR FATHER who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

 It is written, that as the heaven is far from the earth, the same way is the ways of the Lord and His thoughts far from ours "my ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts....Isaiah 55:8" but let us ponder on the illustrations above and relate it to what we have in Matthew 7:7-11. especially verse 11 where we have .......how much more your father who is in heaven."
The questions now are; can you boldly call God, "MY FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN?" What is the relationship between you and God? Does God know your voice in prayers and in singing praises to Him? How much do you think God is familiar with your voice?

MATTHEW 7:7-11 MADE EASY
The moment you get yourself acquainted with God the easier the it will be for you to claim the promise of assurance of being there for us, that he made in Matthew 7:7-11. Although His ways are not our ways, but i think it wont be fair if a christian who sing praises to God everyday and talks in prayers with God everyday knocks on God's door at the same time with an unbeliever knocks and Lord attends to the unbeliever ahead of the believer or ignore the knocks of the believer (just my thought). God is a God of Love, read what Jesus said in the book of John 10:26-28 (being familiar with the Believers) 26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.…" this same way God will fulfill his promises in Matthew 7:7-11 for his believers.

Ponder on all this and make things easy for yourself by making sure you are acquainted with  God.
Have a wonderful day



No comments:

Post a Comment