Wednesday, 28 September 2016

WHAT YOU FEAR, FEARS GOD

Psalms 77:1‭-‬20 NKJV

  1 I cried out to God with my voice To God with my voice; And He gave ear to me. 2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; My soul refused to be comforted. 3 I remembered God, and was troubled; I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah 4 You hold my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak. 5 I have considered the days of old, The years of ancient times. 6 I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, And my spirit makes diligent search. 7 Will the Lord cast off forever? And will He be favorable no more? 8 Has His mercy ceased forever? Has His  promise failed forevermore? 9 Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?

  Selah 10 And I said, “This is my anguish; But  I  will  remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.” 11 I will remember the works of the Lord ; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. 12 I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.

GOD IS BIGGER THAN WHAT WE FEAR
  13 Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary; Who is so great a God as our God? 14 You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples. 15 You have with Your arm redeemed Your people, The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah 16 The waters saw You, O God; The waters saw You, they were afraid; The depths also trembled. 17 The clouds poured out water; The skies sent out a sound; Your arrows also flashed about. 18 The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind; The lightnings lit up the world; The earth trembled and shook. 19 Your way was in the sea, Your path in the great waters, And Your footsteps were not known. 20 You led Your people like a flock By the hand of Moses and Aaron.

WOW!!!
  When i started studying this Psalm, i saw the pain in the writer's heart. i felt like shortly before he wrote the Psalms, he has been praying to God and it seems  like the almighty is very silent on him and he doesn't know what to do anymore. Read the very first paragraph (Psalms 77:1-9) and think about the times you've also been in this situation and you complained on to the lord bitterly like the Psalmist did or probably you are in a similar situation and you are complaining.

   This is it, the devil puts us in this kind of situation most of the times to make us give up on God and lose the loving relationship God has built with us. The verse 11 of this same chapter is the solution to our anguish and our loneliness whenever we feel like God has neglected us. WE SHOULD PAUSE AND REFLECT ON WHAT GOD HAS GRACIOUSLY DONE FOR US IN THE PAST EVEN WITHOUT PRAYERS. We should remember how great our God is and we will realize that whatever it is that posed to be a problem to us actually fears the LIVING GOD. The way the waters tremble, the cloud pour out waters.....that is the same way our problems and our troubles melt away at the site of our God.

My brothers and my sisters, whatever it is that is bothering you, present it before God once more and forget about the problems. instead of complaining, take your time to reflect on what God has done for your in the past, praise His Holy name for what He will do about the current situation and believe me. When the problems sees that you are not bothered anymore, it moves away from your path to avoid the wrath of God

Guess what, i feel like the Psalmist was happier after writing the later part of the chapter.

READ ALSO: HOW YOU CAN GET GOD TO FIGHT FOR YOU


No comments:

Post a Comment