Wednesday, 11 January 2017

THE CHAIN MUST NOT BE BROKEN

John 15:9‭-‬17 NKJV

  09 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
  10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
  11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
  12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
  13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
  14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
  15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
  16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
  17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

I will love to share two great things from this bible text;

1. THE CHAIN OF LOVE
The Father (God) LOVES the Son (Jesus), the Son LOVES Us and He (Jesus) commanded Us to LOVE one another.

The way the Father Loves Christ, that is thesame way Christ Loves Us.

The only way we can abide in this Love is by keeping Christ's commandments because Christ also kept God's commandments and He abide in the fullness of God's Love.

2. LOVE BRINGS FULLNESS OF JOY
Out of Love, Jesus shared the chain of Love with us so that His Joy will remain in us and if we do our part (in the chain) very well, that our Joy may be full.

THE CHAIN MUST NOT BE BROKEN
The Love of the Father to Jesus is Constant and the Love of Jesus to Us is also constant. The only way to keep this Chain of Love intact is by following the commandment of Jesus as seen in verse 12 and 17. The extent to which we can show this love was described in verse 13. Although we cannot die (literary death....a sinner cannot die for another sinner) for one another but we can be selfless for one another.

This chain must not be broken, it started from the Father (our Creator), it extended to the Son (our Savior) and it continues unto us. We ought to Love one another, that the joy of the savior may remain in us, that our Joy may be full and that whatever we ask God, in the name of Jesus may be done for us (as seen in verse 16).

Ponder on this and do everything to sustain the Chain.

Please share this message with your loved ones.

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment